That's right. Everything in Thorium is now Libre, which means you can do whatever you want with it. Make your own controls, contribute back, run your own simulator - the sky is the limits. Actually, the sky is no longer the limits, since you have your own starship!
Thorium now supports a donation model. By becoming a donor, you get access to a drop-in built version of Thorium. Consider becoming a donor.
As far as upates go:
- Released the new site. Check it out, and feel free to donate.
- Updated package dependencies.
- Refactored a lot of the code to simplify and clean it up.
- Created a simple viewscreen module. You can now show stuff on a dedicated viewscreen client. There are a lot of opportunities for budding programmers to create screens for the viewscreen. Get in touch if you are interested.
- Started working on improvements to the timeline system
- Added a naïve auto-save feature. It takes a snapshot of the simulator state every 10 seconds. There is no support for going back to specifc saves or rewinding currently, but that feature is planned for the future.